Best GPU for Q6600 and my PSU?

tharsos

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
I am a gamer and am thinking about upgrading my GPU from Radeon 5750 to the best my PSU and processor can handle without being bottlenecked too much.

-My CPU is Quadcore Q6600 2.4MHz overclocked to 2.9MHz (I might still OC it more.)
-I cannot figure out how high watt my PSU is, but here is a picture I made:

-My PSU has only one 6 pin connector, but I was told that Radeon 6850 and Radeon 7850 (except the XFX ones) use just one 6 pin connector. I would prefer Radeon 7850, but wouldn't my CPU bottleneck the card?

If there is any particular card you would recommend in my situation, then let me know as I could use some advice:)

lxxjordan23xxl

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

I am not knowledgeable enough to know how many watts your PSU provides but I am sure it isn't a whole lot. I would recommend an HD 7750 since I have a feeling your PSU isn't great (I could definitely be wrong) and the GPU shouldn't cause a CPU bottleneck.

A little crude maths shows it to be an the 600 Watt range.
BUT.
Not all power supplies are created equal, and cheap no brand items usually deliver far less than their rating labels claim as well as lacking the protection of higher quality units-So what make and model is it?
We'll also need to know the display resolution, any bottleneck tends to shift away from the CPU and onto the GPU as the resolution increases and the video card has to work harder.
This is a helpful little article, grab yourself a cup of coffee and a couple of chocolate digestives and have a read:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32716.html