Gigabyte FM2 Or ASUS V-Pro? Which one should I buy?

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Newegg today announced a 10% off promo deal on FM2 mobos. My choices of board are as follows:

• MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4)
    $106.86
    GIGABYTE GA-F2A85X-UP4 FM2 AMD A85X (6 SATA Cables)
    $114.97
    ASUS F2A85-V PRO FM2 AMD A85X
    $116.99

Prices are below each mobo based upon the 10% promo plus whatever shipping costs there are. The ASUS comes with Free shipping but it's not much of a deal maker or breaker. This is a build I'm taking my time to compile when the deals from Newegg come through on each component. I've been looking for a comparison chart for mobos on this site and can't seem to find one. Though I'm sure there are reviews somewhere on each of these boards I'd like to get some user recommendations. My plan is to obtain an AMD A10-6800K cpu for this build.

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

Why would you lean to GB? For me it comes down to the support each manufacturer would provide. I remember a few years back that ASUS's customer support was less than helpful. How does Gigabyte rank in terms of customer support both online and offline?

I like the large heatsink pipe on the Asus but then I also fear it might interfere with some components. The higher end power management hardware on the Gigabyte is equally attractive. ASUS still does have a rep for quality hardware.

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
One more piece of the puzzle is in place. I just ordered the Gigabyte motherboard this morning. It's the advanced power management module, the PowIRStage IR3550 ICs, that made the difference. The way I figure, the least power it draws, the more effiicient it may be. I've got the Thor V2 case, with its 4 humungous (230mm) case fans, the Crucial HyperX black 8GB (2X4) memory, the new OEM Win7 disk and now the the mobo. The next things to more or less complete my build are going to be the A10-6800K cpu, an aftermarket cooler and some thermal paste. The rest of the components are coming from my present machine that are still in good working order. There's still some miles on this road to go. Thanks for viewing this thread and thanks to tradesman1 for his advice.