help with low system performance

Dentash

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Need some help figuring out why the second computer system I put together has such poor performance when I try to game with it the system will hangup well loading and gets big lag spikes out of nowhere happens a lot in MechWarrior online and other games i have tried as well. Is there any good hardware testing software that could help me find out what price of hardware is causing the issue.

System hardware.
MSI 760GM-P23
AMD Phenom II 945
EVGA GTX 460SE OC
CORSAIR VANGERNCE PRO 8GB
TOP POWER 650WATT PSU
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREM

Dentash

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Did not even think of the PSU as being the issue thank you for posting that slipped my brain well trying to get the thing running well thank you helped a ton going to replace that sucker tomorrow. As for my net it better not be lagging lol for the price of it every month.

Dentash

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Star trek online loves to lag in battle same with borderlands 2 and LoL but I don't seem to have issue with bf3 or arms 3 just some of them have issues going to look at our local PC store for PSUs and prob pick up a antic or corsair depending on price/performance.

Dentash

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
I pulled the spes for the psu now that I am home it is the Topower TOP-500PM Nano Series 500W PSU
Specification compliance: ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.9
Support the latest Intel Core 2 Duo/Extreme & AMD AM2
80PLUS Certified: over 80% efficiency
Multiple +12V Output
Dual Magnetic amplifiers
Double foward converter circuit
Dual fan cooling
Smart and Silent fan control
High efficiency and reliability
Low ripple and noise
Super low noise fan control
Short circuit protection on all outputs