What are the most taxing graphics settings of Guild Wars 2?

Chiekotz

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Yes, im having a problem when im in Lions Arch or any densely populated area in GW2. Funny considering my videocard is a 7870 (which is not an entry level card). I can play BF3 in ultra settings with AA. So im just laughing in disbelief when it cant effectively run GW2.

Dont get me wrong, everything is perfect OFF TOWN, i can run max settings in the wilderness. I just have problems in Lions Arch.

So what settings are the most taxing for GW2?

I also have an FX8350 4.0 8 core processor, so the mere fact im struglling with this game is beyond me.

Starcraft 2 is maxed out, Tomb Raider and Batman maxed out. Heck, all the games i play except for this is maxed out.

Chiekotz

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Also, i chose auto-detect on the graphics settings and it automatically set them all to high.

I did auto detect on Starcraft 2 and the other games and they all DEFAULTED to max setings and i didnt have any problem.

Only with this game. How disheartning.

mystiskem

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
I'm fiddling around with my cpu/gpu setting in addition to in-game settings. Overclocking from s´tock 3.2 ghz on my cpu to near 4 ghz does next to nothing. gfx is never fully under load so the only thing that really impacts fps for me is in-game settings. The settings that are the heaviest on my system are shadows (turned off to run with almost everything on max) reflections are also very demanding but that's mainly near watery surfaces so that can stay on "terrain and sky" or turned off if you don't care if watery surfaces look like crap :p Render sampling is taking a bit of juice too so leaving it on native is suggested as well. The shaders can take a bit of juice as well but not as much as the others on my system at least. All the other settings are minor fps tweaks to my system.
Hope the wall helps :)

- Edit -
Overclocking the cpu makes you able to run with higher settings according to the auto-detect, however, the auto-detected settings are putting me at around 40 fps tops in an open world view with far distances so it's kind of meh using auto detect. If you try turning the ones i mentioned down (in the order i mentioned them) you should get the game to run much better. And also check the settings for max performance in your gpu interface from the desktop :)