GTX 760 video card not working or being detected

Jackel0792

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
Hi. I've got a new Gigabyte GTX 760 and it wont run on my setup.
CPU: i5 2500k
Mobo: asus p8z68-v pro
PSU: Cooler Master GX 750.

I have a feeling it's the power supply. I've tried the card in another computer which has a similar cpu and mobo but just a very basic thermaltake 450w psu that came with the case and it works fine there. In my main setup however, there is no detection of the card at all. The fans spin up but this is from the power they are getting from the PCI slot on the board. Can anyone suggest any reasons for this problem and anyone to test/ fix it?

Thanks in advance!

It is possible that your PSU is not up to the task of running the graphics card but I would first attempt to 'force' the drivers for the card. You can do that by attempting to load the drivers (inf files) from the included CD - if it is the wrong one, it'll tell you 'hardware not found', just keep trying until one works or they all don't work. It would also be helpful to remove any existing graphics drivers before doing that.

Jackel0792

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
It could be the PSU but i don't think it's an issue because i was able to run it on a much worse 450w thermal take psu from a fairly cheaper build. I've tried lots of drivers but they all just say no hardware detected. It doesnt't have any other graphics drivers (first video card in the build) and i've tried disabling intel hd 3000 but no luck. Thanks for your ideas though.