My components compatible and good for gaming? :) (First time pc build)

Meoterolgy12

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
Hey guys, first time pc builder here and was just wondering if you could help me figure out if all of my components are compatible and if they would be good for gaming.

My components are...

I7 3770k 3.5ghz (3.9ghz turbo)
MSI Geforce GTX 680 Twin frozr III 2GB OC
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR3
MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming Motherboard
Case Aerocool strike-X Advanced devil red
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Corsair tx-850m Modular power supply
Seagate Barricuda 2TB
Deepcool gamerstorm Assassin CPU Cooler
Blueray/ Dvd combo driver

any suggestions on how i could improve this are welcome but i mainly just wanna know if these are all compatible with each other :p

Thanks guys.

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I'd recommend the Cooler master hyper evo for the CPU cooler and a SSD. Also I'm not sure if you have a budget or can expand a bit but I'd go with a cooler master HAF case.

CPU Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
SSD: All different sizes based on your budget but Corsair or samsung, intel
Cooler master HAF series ranges from the 912 (Cheaper end) to the HAF X (most expensive). All of which are great cases

Meoterolgy12

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Ah okay thanks my budget would be about $2000 AUD (Australian dollars) i've been using this website to look at what i should purchase and have been reccomended to it
www.pccasegear.com
so the rest of the build is fine in your opinion? :) all should be compatible?

Meoterolgy12

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

ahk sure ill look into it :) thanks for the help :D

Oh also do you think it would be better to stick with the 680 gpu i have now or go for the 4gb version? i heard there isn't much of a performance difference besides on multiple monitors i only really plan to play at 1080p because i feel comfortable playing at that :) think the card should do the job?

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
For 1 monitor that is more than enough. I'd say try out the EVGA GTX770 SC but if you're ordering from that site it's not worth the almost 100$ difference but that's up to you. 100$ increase for a bit of performance boost. You'll be able to max out most games now on ultra with the 680 though. Hope that helps!

4gb version would be an overkill on 1 monitor!

Meoterolgy12

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Hahah yeah i just want this setup to last me awhile like 4-5 years :) and yeah no doubt it would be overkill haha :p

oh one last thing any tips for a first time builder im really nervous but also really excited :D
Thanks for all the help!

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Tips would be.. take your time with the build and be careful with the parts and static. Do it all on a big clean surface and stay organized. Keep all extra parts. Keep your motherboard on top of the box it came in to prevent static dischange and whatnot. Also there are tons of youtube videos that you can view with putting together a PC. Also you can come back here for any questions or concerns. Also NEVER use a lot of force with things lol.

Make sure you clean your PC of dust with compressed air every 5-6months and keep your PC off of the ground in a good cool room and use q-tips to clean the fans of dust.

p.s I just saw that your harddrive is a 2gb, I'd drop that down to a 1gb and look at a SSD (samsung has nice ones for a good price).

Meoterolgy12

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

ill be sure to be carefull* haha :p and yeah ill look into that for the ssd. also this is probably a stupid question but do all the cables i need come with the products themselves or will i need to purchase additional ones? im assuming they come with the products but id like to just make sure that i dont need to purchase anymore cables later on down the track :p.

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
They all should come with the products themselves. Oh one last note, read the manuals since this is your first time, especially on the motherboard so you'll know the position for the standoffs (things that keep the motherboard in place). Different motherboards have different configurations! You'll do fine though.

Meoterolgy12

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Allright i sure will thanks for all the information it's been very helpful :)

Liam_66

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017
The only thing i would change would be that cd drive unless you need I would not get it they are kinda useless today.flash are replacing them it will save you some money

TRENDING THREADS