A10 5800k Overheating Problems

Jackerlus1

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
So I've had this APU since I built my PC at the beginning of the year, and it was absolutely fine then, I loved it. But later on in the year it started getting overheating problems. And now it's really bad. I don't know what could've caused the problem to progress like that.

It idles at about 40-45C, but when I start playing games it shoots up to 80+ which is just ridiculous. The overheating is present even in old or non-intensive games like Battlefront 2 or Team Fortress 2. One of my favourite games at the moment is DayZ, and that was one of the first games I played on this setup, and back then it was great, but now I literally cannot play more than 5 minutes.

When it overheats, the screen freezes, and the sound skips. Sometimes it will go to a blue screen. But no matter what, I always have to hard reboot it (windows says it will restart automatically on blue screen but it never does).

I've tried all sorts of solutions. With the stock fan, I tried readjusting it and putting some new paste on, and underclocking. Then I got a new fan which is listed below, and that still didn't solve the problem at all. I put on new thermal paste that came with the Apache, I updated the mother board BIOS, undervolted the CPU, and nothing. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that the APU is faulty, or the motherboard. But since it worked when I got it, that doesn't really make much sense.

But here are my specs:
AMD A10-5800K (not overclocked) @ 3.8GHz
7660D integrated graphics
2 X Kingston RAM @ 1866 MHz
Windows 8
A75M-DGS ASRock motherboard
Apache III CD903 CPU fan

Thanks.

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first