hdmi audio problem

Will Bryant

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
I have an asus en9500gt and a w3653 mobo. I located the spdif out on the mobo and there are two pins sticking out of the video card. I wonder if If I could make a jumper from the mobo spdif out to the two prong thingy on the v card. Will that work. The audio settings allow me to set to hdmi audio but it says hook to a yellow combo jack. So I ordered a sound blaster sound card with a yellow hdmi out. Will that work? Or did I waste my money ordering the sound card. Or can I forget going hdmi and stay at vga. which causes a bottleneck because its a 128 bit video card. i understand that a 64 bit video card is better for vga. I don't want to buy a new computer, I just want the sound from my hdmi port from my video card.

Neospiral

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
I think that video card supports native HDMI audio out, doesn't it? All you should have to do is install the Catalyst suite, connect the HDMI to your tv, and change the playback device in your sound manager.

Not sure what a yellow combo jack is, or what these pins are that you say are sticking out of the video card. From what I can see, the card only has HDMI, DVI, and VGA.