Can't install Video Board Drivers, no sound new asus motherboard

drdave03

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I re-built system with new AMD FX2 processor, ASUS M5 A97 motherboard, EVGA video card and SSD for boot drive. After re-installing Windows 7 and SP1 I installed audio drivers and attempted to install Video. Audio drivers loaded but no sound and Realtek Window continues to pop up and indicate " Audio device unplugged" but nothing has been touched. Video drivers fail to install and Windows 7 exits troubleshooter when attempting to check anything. Monitor is running as default low resolution. Does this sound like motherboard or Windows 7 issue ? Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
My initial guess is the MB. If this occurs with both audio and video with a new install of Win7, I would think the new board may be defective. I assume you have working speakers plugged into the rear ports in the correct jack. And nothing plugged in the front audio jack.

It's not uncommon for the video card to have a separate audio device for HDMI audio built into the video card. You might try checking the Windows 7 Control Panel and the manage audio devices section to see if you have more than one audio device.