Surround/ Eyefinity Best Cards

Leamon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hi,
My next rig is being built with multi-monitor gaming in mind. From this page: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_770_sli_review,22.html
I have determined that dual 770s are the best deal. But I play super VRAM intensive games such as Skyrim. Will 2GB of VRAM really be enough to handle heavily graphics modded games like Skyrim? Or would I be better off ponying up another $200 for a 7990 or 690? And which one of those two is better?
Thanks for all the help!

Solution
I imagine that would work fine, though I personally would go for a 780 over 770 SLI. A single card solution can pose a lot less issues than a Multi-GPU setup, and with lower power consumption and heat output.
Also the fact that the 780 basically performs the same as the Titan cant be ignored, same GPU in both cards.
You would be better served getting a single 780, and banking the leftover cash for another if you ever need to upgrade.

The 690 does have four 4GB of VRAM on it. However it is basically two 680's in SLI, if you examine the circuitry its just two GK104 GPU's with 2GB of VRAM each with an SLI bridge in the middle, in reality you only have an effective 2GB of VRAM.
The 7990 is in a similar boat, except it has an effective 3GB of VRAM. However be wary of Crossfire solutions right now, it suffers quite badly from Framerating issues.

Leamon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Thanks!
How about this card for Surround?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462
It has great VRAM for Skyrim, and according to the reviews is great at Surround, and in the future, I can upgrade to SLI for better performance. What do you think?

I imagine that would work fine, though I personally would go for a 780 over 770 SLI. A single card solution can pose a lot less issues than a Multi-GPU setup, and with lower power consumption and heat output.
Also the fact that the 780 basically performs the same as the Titan cant be ignored, same GPU in both cards.

Solution

Leamon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

What kind of performance increase can I expect for $200 more? If it's less than 15 frames... I think I'll pass.

TRENDING THREADS