dan moshe

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
This is my computer:CPU - 2 quad q9950 2.83ghz
ram - 4GB
motherboard - gigabyte ep43c-ds3
power supply 504 WATT
current video card nvidia geforce 9800 gt
so i was going for NVIDIA gtx 650 ti and i was wondering if it is worth it only updating my video card ,will it significantly improve game performance?,and if the PSU will handle the video card?

dan moshe

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013

ENERMAX ETK405AST 405W-ohhh and sorry i wrote by accident 504 but it is 405

and that is the graphic card that i found in my budget (i saw in their site that it was 126$)

That PSU should be ample, and the card is a good choice for your setup. Normally, I'd advice stepping up to the Boost or GTX660 for significantly higher performance, but your CPU would likely hold back the full performance those cards can deliver.

dan moshe

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013

Thank you,you did helped,but now i saw a video and one of the commends here that CPU will be a problem to get the top performance of the GPU ,and here comes the new motherboard the new CPU the new PSU and probably RAM.Updating will cost less than new computer but still cost a few bucks.

@ Dan moshe: Before you think about a CPU/MOBO/RAM upgrade you should read this article:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/ivy-bridge-wolfdale-yorkfield-comparison,review-32682.html
Even at stock speeds the Q9550 is easily able to keep up with a GTX650 or GTX560, and if you can overclock it (as in the article) it can give the new processors a run for their money.
Which card you can get will depend on what country you are in, not all products are sold globally and pricing also varies.