Two LAN Cards at same time.

dss123

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I have no. of PC's in my office connected on local network and i want to connect any of my PC with internet i.e., by adding second LAN card but i want to know that whether two network can work at the same time if Yes, then i would like to know the setting i.e, how to do the same.

Adamm07x

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Unless you want two completely isolated nics for specialized functions (one for network, i.e the one you have) and a second one just for internet. Your fine with running both network and internet off the same nic.

Your explaination is poor it sounds like you dont' have internet on your current nic. Are you connected to router///modem.

Buy a router with integrated ADSL and/or cable, then connect your office PC's to it using a hierarchy of switches.

The router can act as a gateway, DHCP Server, firewall, and NAT/PAT point in your network, and more, and this will let the PCs on your office LAN see each other, their server(s) and access the Internet without adding extra network cards to every PC on a separate network which would basically just mirror what I mentioned with pointless duplication (vs redundant duplication).

Most IT professionals can do this quite easily.