Random Freezes, Can't seem to troubleshoot.

soulreaver4

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Hey,

I have recently been facing random freezes, where i'm forced to push the restart button! These freezes occur seemingly randomly, while gaming or just browsing the net.
I downloaded coretemp and occt and a bunch of other monitoring/testing software and have noticed this; My idle temps are showing 38C - 39C for each core (Core i3 2100) which, correct me if im wrong, is mad high!?

I tried running OCCT but, it just stops after one second saying CPUTIN over max value, value reached : 89.5 , Max value : 85.

I thought of physically checking the temps by putting my finger on the heatsink but it's not much more than the ambient room temp.

Could someone help me with how I could troubleshoot this issue? I just cant seem to figure it out and want to avoid a re-install.

System Specs:

core i 3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
Asus P8H61M LX
1x G skill 4gb RAM
Geforce GTX 560

RyanHowey

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
i had the same problem on my laptop, something on the hdd had failed and removed the file or something along those lines, i searched it on google multiple times and i was only returning hdd failing... it went from maybe twice a day to about 12 before a gave up and did a re install, do a hard drive check and see if it shows any problems or missing files, all i can do to help sorry