Solved

Dell IPS LED Monitor - Problem - Selecting Best Answer

I will select a best answer.

Graphics Card: Gigabyte 7970 3GB
Monitor: Dell S2340M 23 inch LED IPS widescreen monitor.
Connection Type: DVI-I to DVI-D - Does not have HDMI

Problem: Selecting monitor's native resolution of 1920x1080p causes monitor to go black and enter sleep mode. Monitor will only give a display in low resolutions such as 1024x768.

Native resolution shows up in Windows and CCC but doesn't work when selected.

Solutions Tried: Install monitor driver from CD, Dell website.
Uninstall old Catalyst Control Center graphics card driver and re-install new driver.

Problem still persists.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell ips led monitor problem selecting answer
  1. Best answer
    You are using the wrong cable.
    The cable you are using is analog to digital, and why you are stuck on a max resolution of 1024x768.

You need to buy a DVI-D to DVI-D single link cable.
    You will then get 1080p resolution

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DVI-D-SINGLE-LINK-MALE-2MTR/dp/B00243LPLY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373356422&sr=8-4&keywords=dvi-d+dvi-d+single+link
  2. ^ Pretty much.
    Use a Dual-Link to Dual-Link DVI cable, in your current setup your getting the same analog signal that would be present in a VGA cable.
  3. Monitor is DVI-D, graphics card is DVI-I. Both dual link. Cord I'm using is a 15ft. Dual link DVI-D (without the four analog pins because monitor doesn't have the four analog pin holes). Could that be the reason?

Purchased two more DVI-D cables. One dual link and one single. Receiving them in two days. I am also borrowing another from a friend at work. I will reply back and select a best answer in two days. Please keep the suggestions coming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Graphics Cards Dell LED Monitor Graphics