Multiple monitor audio help.

Hadarace

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I have two Dell monitors (DVI) with attached speakers as my main workstation, as well as my 51" plasma (HDMI) off to the left. I am wondering if there is a way to set it up so the audio will come out of all three at the same time (or at least both monitors).

Currently I have one monitor connected with the sound set to default and my TV capable of outputting sound, but only if i switch it from my monitor. If this is possible, where do I connect the audio jack for the other monitor since there is only one regular audio out (rest are surround).

Solution
windows does not allow the output of windows default audio stream to multiple endpoints so you can only use the hdmi audio or onboard audio for the windows mixer one at a time.

the only way you could do it is to use an audio splitter from your onboard audio to each screen.
windows does not allow the output of windows default audio stream to multiple endpoints so you can only use the hdmi audio or onboard audio for the windows mixer one at a time.

the only way you could do it is to use an audio splitter from your onboard audio to each screen.

Solution

Hadarace

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Ahh, that kinda sucks. I suppose it won't matter all that much once I get my headset tomorrow, but still would have been nice. Does the splitter output the same quality and volume out of each connected monitor as if it was outputting from a single one?

TRENDING THREADS