Which MSI model to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH82

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Here is the quick rundown:

1. What is your budget?

Currently my budget hovers around the $1100-1200 mark. I can wait out a sale price if need be as my need is not immediate.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Either a 15.6 or a 17.3 work

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Not wise to go lower than 1080p in this day and age

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Mostly desktop replacement though I will tote it some places with me. I don't care if it is heavy though.

5. How much battery life do you need?

Whatever a haswell can provide.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

A trick question. I'd like to start to play games on high and then as time moves on I know I will be lowering my settings as technology passes me by.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Game programming, Minor 3d modelling Maybe some minor video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Not really critical. My big question is 7200 vs 5400 rpm. I'd assume 7200 based on most desktop computers but 7200 kills the battery faster? Anything else I should be looking for? My knowledge on this kind of stuff is out of date.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

My current lappy lasted me over 7 years but then again I had a desktop for games which is dead now.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Doesn't really matter but DVD support at very least.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Currently looking at MSI. From what I've gathered their products are good.

13. What country do you live in?

Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm looking to get a haswell machine. I can probably hold out buying the computer for a bit if need be. Not sure where the best places to buy from would be since it looks like there are lots of online retailers/resellers. See question on HDD.
Any other recommended options ?

Status
Not open for further replies.