Hitachi DeskStar 7k2000-> x6; Usless of or tremendous performence?

4nDr3

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I happen to know a tech. who has built his own custom gamer computer ; amazing system made of best of the best parts from speed and graphics to sound) but weather it's true or not, since I can't tell every single part apart, He keeps claiming to have 6 Hitachi DeskStar 7k2000 hard drives.
My question is having succeeded installing etc. would this result in extremely noticeable advantages? Or is it overkill and hits a boundary of capacity after 3 or more? Does it result in a waste to impress or really is an amazing luxury to put as many as you can? Having him build my gaming comp. at the moment parts are the main issue and would love to hear from you guys what you think
thanks for any reply's curious and need the info.

What's the big deal? If you have a large case and $2000 and a typical motherboard with 8 SATA ports you can stick seven 4TB hard drives and a DVD drive in there. That's 28TB, not just 12TB like that guy has. His 6 drives (or something similar) can be bought now for about $1000. Of course, this is silly if all you want is a gaming computer. This sort of thing makes sense if you work on that computer, for example with large videos or databases or CAD programs.

If you want a gaming computer get a 256GB SSD and a single large hard drive (2TB for example). Having a big bunch of large unused hard drives won't make your gaming better. It would just add noise and waste electricity.

4nDr3

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
This is what his comp. consists of (it's got Raid features) ;
intel core i7 980x @ 4.5 ghz
Corsair dominator GT 6gb ddr3-2000 CL7
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
2x ASUS GTX580
Highpoint Rocket Raid3560 24x SATA-300 2gb
Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 Gaming Net. Card
1x Intel 510 120gb
3x Corsair F60 Raido
6x hitachi deskstar 7k2000 2tb raid5
2x Optiarc AD-72415-OB
2x Coolmaster silent pro 700w

He sent me info for his own assembly/parts for his "blocks, Pumps, resevoir, radiator, fans and fittings etc."
Is that info. that helps? is this overkill?

TRENDING THREADS