asus gtx 650 ti boost blackscreen

the_heavy13

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I just have received my new gtx 650 ti boost from asus and building it into my modded acer aspire m was no problem. But as soon as I booted the system i got just a blackscreen. The rest of the Pc semmed to work as usual, so I just built in the old graphics Card ( radeon 7470 ) and everything worked as usual. So every time I plug in my gtx 650 ti boost, i get blackscreen. My monitor is not saying "no signal" but its just a hd screen full of black pixels :I

that's my current configuration:

PSU: Sharcoon wpm600 (600w)
CPU: intel core i7 ivy bridge
Motherboard: No product number, because it's an acer only built in one
Graphics card: Amd radeon 4770

Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english!!! :D

kristisdbs

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
the motherboard may have built-in graphics function which is in conflict with the add-on Display Card . But i dont underestand one thing, black pixels on a black screen?

kristisdbs

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Also is it only one beep or not. You should open your case and listen if your motherboard doesn't make any beeps. because from those beeps i could say whats the problem.

kristisdbs

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Try it,because it could be the problem :) and tell if it helps, if not, tell us if something has changed (more beeps, something is showed on the screen)

the_heavy13

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
i just tried it and got that result: again this short beep and the monitor remained at no signal. the pc semmed not to boot correctly at first, but after 30 seconds or so, i was able to change the dpi switch of my mouse, which is indicating, that the pc must have booted correctle. howecer now im not even getting a blackscreen :(

the_heavy13

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
of course, because i've bought a new psu for the card :) the problem can't be the psu because it has 600w and i've tested the system with the new psu but the old card

I think it is software issue. Conflicting software. Did you tried with old GPU ? If not try to boot the PC with the old GPU. If it boots than uninstall each and every driver related to AMD GPU. Restart PC. Shut down. Than install new GPU. Install driver.

Note: try to uninstall drivers, cleaning registry using Ccleaner. http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Good luck.

the_heavy13

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
First of all I wanna say thank you for the help. At the end I unfortunately had to sell the card to a friend of mine in whose's Pc we've just build in the card, which worked out fine. :D
I've brought the Card and the Pc to a Pc shop and asked them to help me with the card. Finally even they where not able to get the card working in the Pc.
Now I know what the Problem is, so I decided to buy a lower tier card (GeForce gt 640) and try to work with this one. I've found a thread in the acer forum and found out that this problem was common beneath owners of an acer Predator and it semms also to affect owners of an acer aspire m too.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Desktops-All-In-Ones/Re-GTX660-in-Acer-Predator-AG3620-UR308-quot-no-signal-quot/td-p/55657

here the conclusion:

"When installing an after-market graphics card into a certified Windows 8 PC with UEFI enabled, the system may not boot.
Answer ID 3156 | Published 10/25/2012 03:12 PM | Updated 02/21/2013 07:49 AM
When installing an after-market graphics card into a certified Windows 8 PC with UEFI enabled, the system may not boot.

When an after-market graphics card is installed into a motherboard with UEFI enabled in the system BIOS, or if the system is a certified Windows 8 PC with Secure Boot enabled, the system may not boot.

UEFI is a new system BIOS feature that is provided on most new motherboards. A UEFI system BIOS is required in order for the Windows 8 Secure Boot feature to work. Secure boot is enabled by default on certified Windows 8 PCs.

In order to get the PC to boot with a graphics card that does not contain UEFI firmware, the end-user must first disable the secure boot feature in the system's SBIOS before installing the graphics card.

Note: Some system SBIOS's incorporate a feature called compatibility boot. These systems will detect a non-UEFI-enabled firmware VBIOS and allow the user to disable secure boot and then proceed with a compatibility boot. If the system contains a system SBIOS the supports compatibility boot, the user will need to disable secure boot when asked during boot process

Instructions for manually disabling secure boot:

1) Power down the system

2) Remove the NVIDIA Add-in card

3) Boot the system using integrated graphics

4) Enter CMOS settings. CMOS settings can usually be accessed during boot, typically by pressing one of F1, F2, F8, F12, or Delete (depends on the system firmware) Alternatively they can be accessed in Windows 8 as follows: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-access-the-bios-on-a-windows-8-computer/

5) Set Secure Boot to disabled

6) If there is an option, set CSM (or compatibility or legacy mode) to enabled.

7) Save the new settings

8) Power down the system

9) Install the NVIDIA Add-in card

10) The system should now boot

* Note that not all existing NVIDIA based cards are capable of adding UEFI support. If your card manufacturer is unable to supply you with an update, you will need to operate in compatibility mode" (nvidia.com)