Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please check this ~$1400 build for compatibility (Newegg wishlist)

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 10, 2013 3:30:52 AM

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

I'm looking to build this rig next month mid-August for the first time. I've never built a PC before, just need some of you hardware experts to comment on my build, to see if it's all compatible with each other etc.

Many thanks in advance!
July 10, 2013 3:38:44 AM

Me gusto. Though I wouldn't buy a Lite-on writer. Samsung are much more reliable.
July 10, 2013 7:52:34 AM

for 10 bucks more, you get way more performance
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1faZn

note that advice only lasts about a week. after that, my advice is totally irrelevant and your build price will increase
Related resources
July 10, 2013 8:06:58 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Me gusto. Though I wouldn't buy a Lite-on writer. Samsung are much more reliable.


I'll keep that in mind, thanks!
July 10, 2013 8:08:20 AM

TheBigTroll said:
for 10 bucks more, you get way more performance
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1faZn

note that advice only lasts about a week. after that, my advice is totally irrelevant and your build price will increase


That build does look very nice, it's a pity cuz I can't order until mid-August. That's a good deal!
July 10, 2013 8:08:31 AM

No worries :-) I've created many coasters with a Lite-on writer so avoid them now!
July 10, 2013 8:18:13 AM


you may want to however purchase the CPU cooler, CPU and motherboard as of now. the deal isnt going to last very long

and if you were going to build in mid-august, there is almost no reason to ask for advice now as it will be for sure irrelevant
July 11, 2013 2:16:09 AM

TheBigTroll said:

you may want to however purchase the CPU cooler, CPU and motherboard as of now. the deal isnt going to last very long

and if you were going to build in mid-august, there is almost no reason to ask for advice now as it will be for sure irrelevant


I just wanted to make sure my components are all matched/compatible with each other etc, as this is my first PC build ever. Don't wanna have something here that doesn't match or fit with one another.

I'm actually currently out of the county, won't be in the US until mid-August, which is why I can't order just yet as they won't have anywhere to ship to until then. I greatly appreciate the suggestions!

!