Question about this EVGA warranty sticker

wrenaudrey

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Ok I have bought an EVGA GTX 780(reference) and has just arrived. Opened it, and found that it has a warranty sticker right on the back. I bought the reference design one due to the fact that im going to be watercooling it and EVGA because as many or most of you already know that their warranty covers the removal of the heatsink.

Anyway here are some pics:
P6jKxPV.jpg

cP5ar9g.jpg

Just blanked out all of the numbers just incase its important and just for the buyer's use :p

Im going to be watercooling as I stated above and I will be installing a XSPC Razor Titan block and its constituent back plate.

The question:
1. For me to remove the reference/blower heatsink will I need to touch/remove that sticker to undo a screw?
2. To install the Razor Titan backplate, will I need to touch/remove/damage the sticker?

Thanks in advance.

1. In all likelihood there is a screw under the sticker.
2. If there is a screw, then yes.

Just carefully remove the sticker leaving it intact, and attach to it the reference cooler. Make sure to keep the original thermal pads, stick it onto their appropriate places on the heatsink and then wrap the thing in glad-wrap so they dont dry out. Keep it in your graphics card box. If the card ever goes bust, you have the sticker to re-attach and the original heatsink to mount on the card.
Almost like it it was never tampered with in the first place :p.