Rockstar May be Hiring to Bring Latest Titles to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
This REALLY needs to happen in time for GTA5. I don't want to have to wait til 2014 to play this game, and I may have to buy a PS4 in November. But everyone knows GTA really shines on the PC. The BTTF Delorean mod, ICENhancer, custom music...C'MON SON! Untouchable!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

why the hell did you make an account on this website again?

ananke

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
PC Gaming is not dying at all - current stage of economy is benefiting only high incomes, i.e. boutique sales are the only growth. PC Gaming is such a boutique business. Average customers are buying tablets /cheap ones/ and playing games /cheap ones/ on their tablets, i.e. the mass market which is potential purchaser of consoles and console titles is shrinking and its disposable income is going towards tablets and mobile /because it is cheaper that way/. Anyway, new consoles have no choice but to use more unified architectures, which allows less expensive software development, aka PC, and eventually the ports to PC will be VERY easy and inexpensive to make. Hence, everybody in the industry should get prepared for that market.

insomniac3334

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Remind me again why there are mountains of forums, subreddits and other discussion mediums dedicated to the very topic of PC gaming and PC gaming hardware? 10/10 Troll Attempt, Would Read Again.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I am playing L.A. Noire now. I love the game.
Honestly, I don't know how buggy it was at release, but now, patched up good, I haven't run into anything yet, and I dare to say it was worth to port it to PC. But was it worth ditching the RDR porting for L.A. Noire? I don't know, one should decide that for her- or himseIf.

Without those "millions" of different specs consoles wouldn't have anything to use. Consoles always rely on PC hardware to push forward for the new specs. Next gen consoles are basically low power HTPCs that when they come out will be vastly behind PC hardware, they are currently behind anyways.

I find it a bit surprising that they need to hire anyone to port to PC since Max Payne 3 was done very well for PC. In fact Max Payne 3 was probably one of the best 2012 PC games and really pushed PC hardware at the time (even a HD7970 at the time could not max it out as max needs 6GB of VRAM).

So the question is what happened to those people that worked on MP3 PC and why can they not do GTA V since its the same game engine?

You realize that games are MADE ON PCs right? and they almost always target one console platform first in development and then port it to others USING MORE PCs. in this process, bits and pieces of game code have to be run and tested on PCs and PC emulators countless times, with different PC hardware as well.

DRM and marketing push by console manufacturers are main reasons why PC gaming slumped for a few years, but it's on the rise again thanks to steam etc

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I would love to see GTAV release for the PC. If I must a a while for a quality release then so be it. Having the options to adjust/tweak settings based on your current hardware and mods to extend the game's life are most welcomed. The online gameplay sounds really fun. Please make this happen!

RobJordanIsCool

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
For the people who don't remember or haven't bought GTA games on the PC since they went 3D:

GTA 3: released on consoles Oct 2001, released on PC May 2002
GTA Vice City: released on consoles October 2002, released on PC May 2003
GTA San Andreas: released on consoles October 2004, released on PC June 2005
GTA 4: released on consoles April 2008, released on PC December 2008

Every GTA game has come out exactly 8 months later on the PC (and considering the improvements made in that time I would say worth that wait).

If GTA 5 comes out in September for consoles then it is a safe assumption to assume an April 2014 release on PC is likely.

Personally.... I dont care. Ive been dissapointed so many times by games that I dont buy into the Hype. I wait for a game release, I watch it on youtube videos and then decide if i want to buy it or not.

If someday most people are capable of using their brains, perhaps game studios will stop making bad games, poorly ported games, etc.
There was a time when people didnt have the cash to buy every game that came out (when my generation were kids, and our parents bought us 1 game a year. YES you heard right 1 game in 1 year).

Then we had to think what we really wanted. Ask friends, etc.
Nowdays it seems that people jsut belive everything they are told, and buy everything they can.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Octacon you seriously need to get a catscan, nextgen consoles are now basically PCs and even if all you counted for PC gamers were Steam users they equal any given console for users. Retail sales may be dead but digital only is selling bucketloads. Trolltastic idiot.

kanji32

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
This is crap, GTA V will be on pc for sure, its one of the biggest sellers there are. I don't think they won't release it for pc because then they'll lose a lot of money plus I don't think porting GTA V to pc should be much of a bother now, new gen consoles [PS4 XB1] are more similiar to pcs.

kanji32

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
PCs are basically a console that gives you more freedom [mods, multiple types of hardware, customization etc etc] and is less affordable. I don't see a reason for the PC game market to die any time soon.

kanji32

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
GTA V will be on PC for sure, if it won't Rockstar will lose too much potential profit and they know it. Plus almost the whole GTA series was released on PC so I don't see a reason for that to change. Especially now when new consoles come out and their architectures are more similar to pc hence porting should be easier.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"I am playing L.A. Noire now. I love the game.
Honestly, I don't know how buggy it was at release, but now, patched up good, I haven't run into anything yet, and I dare to say it was worth to port it to PC. But was it worth ditching the RDR porting for L.A. Noire? I don't know, one should decide that for her- or himseIf."

LA Noire, to me, is one of the most underrated games of all time---the facial animations, the voice acting, the setting of historical Los Angeles---its like a work of art, IMHO. Don't get me wrong---I've played Red Dead on the X360 and loved it, but I like Noire more.

And yeah, the PC bugs of Noire were pretty bad when it first came out---the framerates were laughably bad---but other than the issue of being locked at 30fps (apparently an artistic choice and not a bug), all of them seem to have been fixed.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
If they're going to half ass it, then they shouldn't even bother (Rockstar hasn't released a good PC port in a long time) because I've got better things to spend my money on (PC-First titles, Indie titles, and good PC ports, for starters.)

Only brain deads will get crappy consoles instead of a PC for gaming.
I've seen the video that compares a ps4 vs PC. The pc blew it away completely. The difference was like 16-bit vs 32-bit. HUGE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS