now to connect apple dual band router to xfinity gateway

Fog CityCB

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I am not able to connect apple router to xfinity gateway on one of the two channels. This worked with the previous comcast modem, but not the wireless gateway that I have "upgraded" to. One channel works, one does not.

wacabletech

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Your not making sense. The xfinity gateway does wireless but is 2.4 Ghz only, the modem would have been Ethernet only. The gateway will not stop the router from having 2.4 and 5 ghx carriers in any way. it may cause interference if they are on the shame channel in the 2.4 Ghz range, but your missing something from your description.

Not sure whay you upgraded unless you just did not have a Docsis 3 modem before but OK here is the best run down.

Call Comcast, have them put the gateway in BRIDGE mode which maks it act like just a modem, run an Ethernet cable from your gateway to your apple router, and continue as you previously did.

Fog CityCB

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

I stand corrected. The router allows for two SSIDs. One works, one does not. I will contact comcast to discuss the BRIDGE mode option. Thank you for your reply.