ASUS Directcu II vs ACX Cooling GTX 760 Noise Level

Jackson Morris

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey everyone, I am deciding whether to get The gtx 760 ASUS Directcu II or the gtx 760 EVGA ACX cooling? The biggest factor is noise level because they are both great cards. Which would be quieter in SLI?

Jackson Morris

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Are you Sure? I thought that the three fans would case more noise level and is there a GPU tweak with that card?

dannyboy2233

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Ahhhh pardon me. I meant the MSI Gaming model; typing too many things at once. The MSI Gaming model is the second-coolest, as well as the quietest. The EVGA ACX actually cools better than the Gigabyte Windforce.

STORMComponents

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
It might be worth noting that EVGA cards' warranties covers them for aftermarket coolers and overclocking, so you could always spend a little extra and get the EVGA card, add a completely silent cooler onto it (look at quietpc.com) and then overclock that bad boy. Then you're getting a card that can perform closer to 770 levels, but be very silent.

Just an idea.

dannyboy2233

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Good idea; however, the MSI Gaming model has very quiet fans as well, and at a certain point one can't really tell the difference in fan speedsnoise.

STORMComponents

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Out the box you should probably look at the MSI really then. But even though the sound is much the same (under a certain point as you state, you can't hear them over case fans / pumps etc), I would have thought an aftermarket cooler would beat the pants off the MSI's cooling. You can get monster 4-slot coolers now with almost no airflow needed to get crazy low temps :).

dannyboy2233

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Alright then! I don't know a ton about aftermarket GPU coolers; I only look at custom loops if I want to do that. I'll take your word for it, and start doing a bit of research on it myself :)

STORMComponents

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
It is worth looking into air coolers if you only want a single card. If you're looking at SLI and heavy overclocks / very low temps then liquid is the only real way to go other than stock cooling, but the big 3 or 4 slot coolers work so well, they'll match any 2x 120 radiator. You'd need a monster 3x or 4x 120 rad to beat them. It's also much cheaper to get a £50 cooler instead of a full loop, so yeah - worth having a look around.

As I say though, if you're ever looking to have two cards, the monster air coolers cripple your choices for motherboards as you need the two PCIE slots about 5 slots away from each other! lol