Three screens - One to two graphics cards? How to set up?

Eddi3 J

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I currently have a GTX 770 card in my PC with two monitors running from it.

However i want to also run a 1024x768 projector as a third display.

Im told that the 770 can support 3 screens so i can run it on there? (is it as simple as plug and play with screen number 3?) Thats possible option 1.

Option 2 would be to add in a previous gen Quadro Fx 1800 card as a 2nd card to run this third screen. (no SLI as different cards) Would this have any benefits? And would there be any drawbacks? And what are the steps to getting this working correctly?

I already have both graphics cards, so money is not a factor. And i do need all 3 displays.

Thanks for reading and I hope some graphics card experts can help me with this problem :)

you can run the projector off the quadro perfectly fine, just setup that screen as an extended desktop.

to get the projector to run form the 770 you would have needed to buy a displayport to dvi/vga active adapter.

only drawback is a bit of extra power usage and if you run any 3d applications on the projector they will be limited by the performance of the qadro card.

Neospiral

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Which projector is it? Does it have a digital input? Regardless, you shouldn't have to bother with the Quadro FX card. The 770 can support up to 4 monitors on its own. For example, I currently have 3 monitors and a TV connected to just one of my cards, and everything runs fine.

Even if you only have an analog VGA input on the projector, just get a DVI-VGA adapter and connect it via the DVI-I port. Should be good to go!

Eddi3 J

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Thanks guys. Its Vivitek boy with VGA and HDMI inputs - should be no problem physically connecting it - i will test it out initially on monday on the 770

Will be running 3d apps, but not on the projector, so may look into sharing the load by plugging in the quadro. Will let you know how i get on and if there are any hiccups!

Thanks again.