AMD and Asus Gaming PC. First Time Build. Comments?

bob1033

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Looks like a good build, good solid parts. I would have went for the CM hyper evo for the heatsink thought, its the upgraded version of the plus.

Im a little confused why you went with AMD on this build. Don't get me wrong, AMD processors go into the majority of my builds, but when you have $1000+, it makes more sense to go with a Intel system. Intel has processors that will get you much gaming performance if you have the money. AMD is more attractive to someone on a tight budget, say $600 to squeeze as much power as possible into a game rig. If you have $1000+, you could have gotten an i7 and doubled the power. Even the gaming i5's surpass the 8350 when it comes to gaming performance.

AMD is a great company, I own a 8320, but i would recommend an Intel processor if your going for a hardcore gaming rig.

PossumJones

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Maybe he just wants to build an AMD system, I know i did, just to do it. I like that build, alot of overkill in there, but hey if you can afford it, why not? I am not a fan of that heatsink or even the evo, I know they perform well, i just think they are junky. The mounting system sux, you will often see them crooked on peoples builds. I prefer the Noctua NH-D14. It is a quality product, and i think your budget can do it. Also your almost in that $2000 range, why not get a 780. Its the whos who of GPUs right now.