Microsoft CEO Finally Reveals Company Reorganization

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiruu

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
This change is VERY much needed! Microsoft need to look at every product and idea holistically, vice the stovepipe little islands of the past.

Jun 26, 2013
==--
> "more coherent for our users and developers."

Developers! Developers! Developers!

I can't hear that word now without visualizing that retard's monkey dance. It's his idea of "evangelism".

Now he wants to put the mobile O/S group in with the Windows group instead of with the mobile hardware, where it belongs. It seems he still thinks he can force us to use a single interface on all devices, and he continues to believe that if all their devices use Metro, that this would affect anyone's purchase decision.

The HELL with Ballmer! He's a marketing-major frat boy out of his league and over his head, who reached his Peter Principle threshold the day Gates retired.

At this point, I'm glad the board hasn't come to its senses and fired the buffoon, because the longer Ballmer captains the Titanic, the less influence (power) Microsoft will have over our industry.

Two more years of that idiot, and MS will be the new Compaq.

-- faye kane ♀ girl brain
sexiest astrophysicist you'll ever see naked

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
"activities people value most... designs and creates the next generation of new and "amazing" experiences..."
That value of amazing experience is having the option to "customize", which Windows 8 was lacking by taking away the Start Menu and default boot to Desktop.

Was Ballmer drunk when he wrote that Internal memo?

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I stand by what I said in an earlier post, Steve B looks like Uncle Fester's stunt double that or Ming the Merciless's brother that no one talks about.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I stand by what I said in an earlier post, Steve B looks like Uncle Fester's stunt double that or Ming the Merciless's brother that no one talks about.

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Unification of systems and design is a brilliant idea. It is why Apple is Apple, now. The flaw is what they are trying to unify around. Windows 8 isn't a poor working OS but it is one no one enjoys using. Making a system environment people find distasteful is no better and potentially worse than fragmentation.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

Wrong... Apple only exists today because they managed to find a niche that wasn't properly exploited yet and blew it out of the water. Making devices that play music/phone calls for kids is hardly a "system", much less "unifying" anything but a expensive apple desktop machine that nobody buys...

Aleppi

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
when i saw the title i was like reorganizing ms, this must mean that steve ba- *page loads* oh shit he's staying :(

AndreT

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2012
So does this mean that Julie Larson-Green (Metro-UI Girl) is no longer involved with the operating system side of things? Isn't this a good thing? Maybe without her protecting that UI like a mother bear protecting a bear cub, we can finally move past this debacle and truly let people choose to ever see it or not. I have hope.

jknouse

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Does anyone remember several years ago when Microsoft reorganized and split up into all those groups to "better focus" on markets?

This is going to do nothing other than give bullet points on Ballmer's goals met list he gives to the Board of Directors to keep his bonus from totally disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.