What components should I get to avoid bottlenecking?

MrInkredible

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
I have been saving up to buy the core components of my new PC and I would like help from you experienced builders out there in choosing the best parts for my money aswell as not having to upgrade most components for awhile. I currently have chosen these on newegg

AMD fx-8320
EVGA gtx 650 ti
ASRock 970 EXTREME3
G.Skill ripjaws X 8gb

Oldboy05

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
no, this set-up wouldn't cause any bottlenecking for any activity i can think of, it's a pretty well balanced system. If your meaning bottlenecking in terms of gaming then the system will def be fine. if i was being picky, personally i would go,
Fx-8320 / gtx 660 / 8gb ddr3

or

fx-6100 / gtx 650ti / 8gb ddr3

just for a nice balance, although as i say your current choice is fine.

Clearly the second option would be cheaper, but the first option would mean it would be some time until you had to upgrade in terms of gaming.

MrInkredible

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Thanks, I am going to upgrade gpu probably but starting off with the 650 ti will allow me to not go over budget while I save up and probably purchase a higher end card later. But do you recommend the ASrock extreme 4 or ASUS m5a97 r2.0 since the extreme 3 is no longer available both are about $100 so which should I choose?

Oldboy05

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
both boards are similar so just personal preference really, whichever looks best in your system:)
specs wise, the asus has one more sata port and there are other minor differences, personally i'm a big fan of asrock and asus but i would plump for the asrock because it has ucc (core unlocker) but as your already buying an 8 core cpu i don't think there are any cores left to unlock:)
so yeah, both good boards, either will do just fine.