Buyer beware of Lenovo y510p

adobo9

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Hi there, I'm here to share my not so awesome story about Lenovo and their abysmal service. Like many of you in this forum, you're probably looking into either the newest haswell model of the y410p/y510p. In my honest opinion, I will tell you right away that as of right now, you shouldn't buy the product. Let me give a rundown of my experiences so far.

Week 1:My order was placed on June 18th. I was given an estimated ship and delivery date of the following week (week 2). However, due to its popularity, I knew that there would be no way that I would get it that fast. Indeed I was correct about that, so I just said to myself, "it's just one more week, nothing I can't handle". I was pretty confident in honouring their next ship and delivery date because I was told by several associates that it should pretty much guaranteed be shipped out and received next week.

Week 2: My order is delayed yet another week, not a big deal until what happens in week 3.

Week 3: Here's where I get a little frustrated. on the day of the ship date, I check my status to see it is stuck on order received(still is to this day, mind you I ordered on the 18th), and that both the estimated ship and delivery date have been moved back an entire two weeks. TWO. So needless to say, I was very angry that not only were they not able to honour their 7 business days(part of the reason I decided to order it) but also that fact that I was lied to and I am now waiting a month+ to receive an item.

More on week 3: I have been contacting associates daily to see if anyone has an ounce of an idea what's going on with my purchase. Every single time it is a part constraint, but what I don't understand is how that two weeks is delaying this process, ridiculous. And to add insult to injury, one of the only nice associates I was talking to, gave me the harsh news that realistically, my product will not ship until the 22nd. This is 34 days after I have placed my order, this is unacceptable.

Plans for week 4: If the product has not shipped on the 16th, let alone even be made, I am cancelling my order indefinitely and taking my business else where. All of Lenovo's schemes are based on false advertising and enticing you to buy a product with their great deals, but in reality you're paying much more due to their crappy CS and ability to not honour their times.

To conclude, sorry for the rant, but something must be said, and I'm sure SEVERAL others are facing the exact same thing. Not only that, but some other person in this forum ordered the EXACT same model as mine, but received his product in only 18 days,(we are both Canadian by the way). Now I have no idea what's going on down there, but regardless, this is definitely the last time I ever buy a Lenovo product. Sure they offer free shipping and Handling, but you pay with it by false advertising their dates in which you will receive it. Once I put in my cancellation(which I will probably do) I am ordering from a more reliable source like xoticpc or just anywhere on NewEgg. I'm tired of the lies I'm fed from Lenovo and will surely bring my business elsewhere where they take at least some care into their customers and offer be better service, quality, hell probably everything Lenovo doesn't. I wouldn't even mind forking up an extra couple hundred to get it faster than Lenovo's measly service.

tl;dr If you are thinking about purchasing the Lenovo y510p and receive it within the next month, you will be hard pressed that that is not the case and will be sorely dissapointed to be ordering from Lenovo. Thanks for your time!

Do not purchase from Lenovo unless you mind being lied to and waiting four times as long as you were promised, that is all!

pletkon

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
your complaining about the delivery... I want details about the hardware not your complaining. You should've googled Lenovos delivery, its terrible.

zoemorn

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
ordered laptop in the US on a tuesday. ETA was the following monday but arrived the friday before, so i was thrilled.