Sign in with
Your question

Big trouble with bootcamp!

Tags:
Last response: in Mac Os X
July 12, 2013 1:38:49 PM

So I wanted to get windows on my iMac using bootcamp but when it restarted to comence the instalation it said that the disk is not bootable. I need to insert the boot disk, but I dont have any with windows in it. It does not allow me to do anything. How do I turn of the boot screen???

More about : big trouble bootcamp

July 16, 2013 6:24:56 PM

do you mean how to stop attempting boot into windows?
if so, hold down alt/option when you boot, and use the arrow keys to select which device

July 17, 2013 12:39:17 AM

No I probably messed up here. When I started installing windows my computer restarted and when turns on it says "no bootable disk found please insert the boot disk and continue" and so happens that the disk broke (my younger brother) and I don't have another. So how shoukd I turn that off? There's no options or any devices given. Srry I messed my question up -_-
Related resources
July 17, 2013 6:07:35 AM

did you buy the actual disk, or did you buy the digital version from the mac app store and burn it from the digital copy? if you did, just burn it again, but if you did not, if you cannot figure out how to fix this problem, either go on google to figure out answers or buy another disk. if you buy a disk, this time, buy a digital version. for google, search for ways to make a bootable usb drive for mac, or how to make a bootable cd for mac.

Best Of Luck :D 
July 17, 2013 6:55:22 AM

Thank you!
!