Need a new graphics card but what should I get?

ArmageddonXIV

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Guys, i need a graphics for quite an old pc, an Elonex ProSentia 2500. I currently have onboard intel graphics installed but have a PCI-e x16 slot for a new one. These are some other specs I have pulled together:
Elonex ProSentia 2500 Midi Tower PC with Free Keyboard, Mouse and Power Lead

Features:

MSI 915GM-FR LGA SKT775 Motherboard

3.0Ghz Intel Pentium 4 630 CPU supporting 64bit & HT Technology, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB

Windows XP Pro (with COA sticker located on the rear or top casing) Fully Installed and ready to run

512Mb DDR Ram (2 slots on the motherboard)

80GB SATA Hard Disc Drive

CD Write/DVD combo

Floppy Disk Drive

2x front, 4x rear USB

On Board Intel Graphics

On Board 5.1 Sound

Pci-e x16 Slot for optional Graphics card upgrade

2x PCI slot

350w PSU

If you could help me I would extremely greatful and also if you could guide me to any self teaching computer websites I would be even more grateful as I want to become smarter in terms of coumputers.

Thank you very much for your help

ArmageddonXIV

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

would that be appropriate for gaming or do i need something more powerful? and anything and everything. i didnt listen in it at school but now really want to learn

It's not an exceptionally powerful card, but your system is absolutely ancient unfortunately and will severely restrict any half-decent graphics card. You really need a complete new system for decent gaming but I'm assuming that's more than you're able to spend?

ArmageddonXIV

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

I know but it was cheap so :L thank you very much for your help and thank also for the codecademy i will look into it