Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Stealth.com Announces Fanless LPC-700F Mini-PC

Tags:
  • Cooling
  • Computers
  • Prebuilt Systems
Last response: in News comments
Share
July 12, 2013 9:25:01 PM

Fanless PC's are a big no no, hate em
Score
-1
July 12, 2013 10:44:45 PM

Seems like an awful lot of money for an awful lot of nothing.
Score
0
July 12, 2013 11:58:16 PM

Of course people make a rush to comment, not realizing this is made for industrial use and a high-end component considering.

This is an impressive PC considering it's not just fanless, but completely enclosed and fairly small.
Score
6
July 13, 2013 5:09:34 AM

ultra low noise vs fanless anyway 2k? lol I could built it for half price.
Score
0
July 13, 2013 8:58:22 AM

Everyone besides @vestibule apparently has no idea what this is for. Industrial PC's are designed to be put in areas where the PC will likely need to be on and running 24/7 in an environment where they may not be easily accessed in the event of overheating or component failure. These may be put in manufacturing plants, server rooms, or one of many other locations where a dead fan causing CPU overheating or a disk error causing instability/crashes could cause major issues and time/money losses for the business operating them. These aren't built to be put on a desk next to you or be used as PC's in an office. They have specific use cases and are built to a higher standard than typical tower PC's.
Score
6
July 13, 2013 9:53:47 AM

+1 to vestibule and withoutweakness. these are not for lan parties folks
Score
0
July 13, 2013 1:26:43 PM

osamabinrobot said:
+1 to vestibule and withoutweakness. these are not for lan parties folks


-1 for all of you lol.

Fanless Compact cases exist. and mini-itx motherboards with DC input exist ~$150 , and it is not a big deal Passive cooling a 45 watts i7 CPU (~$280)..

$2000 ? no thank you.

even $1000 is too much for this .

and their case ? you can find it in china easy for $100 only

Score
0
July 14, 2013 3:15:01 AM

It'll only work in Colder Climates or as a once a week turn on PC but other than that it will over heat with the most simplest of task on my C2D just browsing folders Temps increase by 1.4C just imagine how much it will increase playing an online game on facebook! not worth it! oh maybe as a HTPC ??
Score
-1
July 14, 2013 7:02:04 AM

mushibu09 said:
It'll only work in Colder Climates or as a once a week turn on PC but other than that it will over heat with the most simplest of task on my C2D just browsing folders Temps increase by 1.4C just imagine how much it will increase playing an online game on facebook! not worth it! oh maybe as a HTPC ??


This is a 45 Watts CPU , it will not over heat ..
Score
0
July 14, 2013 2:25:10 PM

sna said:
mushibu09 said:
It'll only work in Colder Climates or as a once a week turn on PC but other than that it will over heat with the most simplest of task on my C2D just browsing folders Temps increase by 1.4C just imagine how much it will increase playing an online game on facebook! not worth it! oh maybe as a HTPC ??


This is a 45 Watts CPU , it will not over heat ..


Arhh Cool, nice and low then What would the Idle/Load Temps Be?
Score
0
July 18, 2013 12:49:09 PM

I found the similar item from CappuccinoPC.com and they called it Twister 77-6C. They list the power consumption. Idle is 14W Normal 20W and 42 Watt at 100% CPU usage. You may want to check with them and ask them what the testing configuration is.
Score
0
!