StarCraft 2 Accounts Get Free Name Change

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Activision
  • Ecommerce
  • Blizzard
Last response: in News comments
July 12, 2013 10:58:40 PM

It's such a backwards world we live in when a free name change in a video game can be considered a bargain.
Score
July 12, 2013 11:08:15 PM

...or news!
Score
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 13, 2013 3:05:13 AM

opmopadop said:
...or news!

Or were but-heads like brandonl2davis think it is OK to spam a tech forum with crap!

What I find crazy is that they charge for a name change.
Score
July 13, 2013 4:54:03 AM

i think its a bit of a double edge, because if you give people the ability to change names at will(unrestricted) you could probably imagine some havoc that could ensue. at the same time charging for it's just a money making scheme, not really a surprise coming from the people that brought you WOW and the 3 part SC2 games. if people got upset enough about it im sure they would just allocate you so many name changes annually,(maybe this is what they are doing?) but most people probably just dont care.(including myself) i dont really see a problem with this aspect of their business.(atleast while they are gifting namechanges every so often)

and to respond to bryon, its clear why people bot spam sites. they do it because they have an incentive to, incentives>>human decency/respect. if you live in the USA(or maybe anywhere?) you should know all about this, if everyone follows that protocol i would argue it is "ok".
Score
July 13, 2013 9:12:12 AM

Moral of the story: Don't pick retarded names for yourself

OT: This has been a 3rd free name change in 3 years of SC2, if I haven't missed any.
Score
July 13, 2013 10:43:01 AM

One of those folks that didn't buy Heart of the Swarm, because I didn't feel like it was worth it.
Score
July 13, 2013 11:29:40 AM

All I want is the ability to add numbers to my username. Is that too much to ask?
Score
July 14, 2013 5:45:49 AM

Finally I get to be cool! "||||||||||||||||||||||" here I come!!
Score
July 14, 2013 5:53:16 AM

Too little, too late
Over the years I have bought Warcraft 2 and 3 with expansions, Diablo 2 and 3 with expansions and Starctaft 1 and expansion and palyed WoW for about 6 months, but since Blizzard started to pay more attention to the cashflow rather than what products their customers have to put up with they're not getting a penny more from me.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
July 15, 2013 3:45:37 AM

Well blizzard has dissapointed me so many times in the last years, that i have ignored their products since the Wings of Liberty.
Score
!