I need a Windows 98 driver for hp deskjet 2050 printer. Thank you.

luci2378

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Windows 98 driver hp deskjet 2050 printer. Unless you don't have it, the manual of the printer says it is compatible with deskjet 1050. Thanks.

There are no compatible Windows 98 drivers for that printer, nor will there ever be any from the manufacturer. The only way you will ever get 98 drivers is as USAFRet says, "write one yourself". If you don't have the necessary skills to roll your own then you're basically SOL, as it would be prohibitively expensive to pay someone to write a one off driver for a long obsolete OS.

luci2378

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
I agree it is expensive to pay for a driver... I still hope I will find a driver - older one that has some features similar with the ones of 2050 or 1050. If I only knew how to write a driver for a printer...

Give it up, you're not going to find any driver/s that will work with that printer. As for writing a driver.... After several years of study, and additional time reverse engineering an existing driver (HP isn't going to provide you with any internal documentation), and tracking down long obsolete software tools, you just (might) be able to cobble together something minimally functional. Driver development is something of a black art, it's not learned overnight.

luci2378

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
well, old pc's work best with old Operating Systems. A friend told me to re-write a driver made for XP, and to write there in the info file found in system32/drivers instead of : "... Windows XP" ... "Windows 98"

Not gonna work, no how, no way. Completely different driver models between Windows 9x and XP. XP drivers WILL NOT work in 9x.