• EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX Cooler

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm looking at both these cards and trying to decide which is the better option. I'm coming from a very noisy 7970 and want to get a card that's nice and quiet, but still powerful. Also, I'm not sure which card is better suited to SLI.

From what I can tell, the EVGA is a better performer but the ASUS is quieter and cooler. The ASUS seems a lot bigger though, which could be an issue when it comes to SLI.

If anyone can help me out, that'd be tops!
Thanks

Skrillex24

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

It's comes down to this. Do you want performance or quieter. Me personally I'd be rocking the most powerful card any day over quieter. So it really comes down to person preference. But both cards are around same performance still.

They are equally quiet and cool and speed is completely irrelevant as GPU Boost will clock every 780 out there randomly based on temperatures and TDP, no never shell out for a 'faster' card. Flip a coin or choose based on warranty, people speak very highly of EVGA customer service.

maucerit

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I'm choosing between these two cards as well and ordering this Monday. I was disappointed by Asus core clock but just saw a review posted with stock voltage so literally no worries for those afraid of changing voltage you don't have to...stock voltage they got core to 1090 so I think Idk going with Asus and just OC on stock voltage. Asus is bit cooler and cause of lower stock clock should stay cooler so fans run slower so less noise.

Skrillex24

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

The ASUS one is more cool and quieter than the EVGA. But you would lose performance. Yet performance is minimul, but like I said. It comes down to personal preference. Cool and quite or performance.

Like Skrillex says, there's very little difference. Both are very fast and both coolers deliver excellent results (low temperatures and relatively little noise). Like any 250 watt card they'll belt out a lot of heat into the room, but that's standard and not specific to the GTX780. You know at 1080p the GTX780 is only 15% faster than the GTX770?

Skrillex24

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Right with Sam. Most people think the higher in the numbers the card is better. That is not at all true. If I were you, I would get the EVGA. But you can still get the ASUS model and still be satisfied.

devilhunter1990

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

The asus card wins if you overclock the card, check this out
asus score
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/57817-asus-geforce-gtx-780-directcu-ii-oc/?page=11
Gigabyte:
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/56733-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-780-windforce-3x/?page=11
Evga:
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/55725-evga-geforce-gtx-780-superclocked-acx/?page=11
They are all almost Identical, I bought the asus card; however, asus made a custom pcb board for this card, if I were you I would pick the cheaper or the one with the longest warranty.
hope this helped you!.

ShindoSensei

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I haven't tried the Direct CU II yet so I can't give a side by side comparison, however the ACX cooler has been working great! It also works well in sli configurations as the air is directly being blown away from the cards, and it doesn't stay inside the card as much. :)

Aug 6, 2013
All these cards are the Ferrari, Lambroghini or modern Maserati of the GTX 780 graphics world.

ASUS
EVGA Superclocked
iNNO3D iChiLL

I went for the latter, the Uber-COOL iNNO3D iChiLL GTX 780 HerculeZ ULTRA because it runs slightly cooler than the oforementioned and is within quarter-a-hairs-breath of the crown (EVGA minutely faster under lab conditions only), and I live in a country with HOT summers.
Temperature matters 4 seasons a year.

The iChiLL will run better in hot summers as it has a VERY Efficient heatsink system. A shade better than the other two top cats. Triple-slot design also helps with Summer cooling.

Whoever brings out a 780 Ti version will have the Bugatti speed crown.

TRENDING THREADS