Evil234

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
i got my pc like 10 days ago here are the specs

i3-3220
4gb ram
h61 mb
650w psu

it's been working suprisingly well handling all the graphicly intensive games on max at like 50 fps+ im really happy but i noticed strange whistling sound once didn't bother tho, after 15 minutes it happened again and i noticed really small lines in text during those 2 secs of whistling, now i checked and ppl say it's cpu temperature cause my cpu can't cool down but it's really not i checked and it's 30C idle and my gpu is 32C which is good but since this is not the problem i have warranty and all but ill have to be without pc for like 1-2 weeks if something goes wrong and i wanna apass on tht especially when im thrilled with new gaming rig. So please help me out and give me possible suggestions what i can do.

PS. That happened 2 hours ago

Evil234

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
yes i listed it in my specs it radeon hd 7850 1gb psu is LC power 650w 80%+, also i noticed there is no change in performance at all and during those 2 seconds i caught increase on cpu usage in task manager from 2% to 20% (idle) it happened couple more times last night just the whistling tho

satyamdubey

Distinguished
I second tradesman's thought that this could likely be the psu or possibly GPU fan sound at high rpm. The rectifiers and transformer coils in the psu can generate such a sound. It seems that this happens only under load??

Evil234

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
well i turned my pc off last night and today there is no sound and no change in pc performance what so ever but still im kinda worried my psu is 650W LC Power Silent Giant

Evil234

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
omfg, i don't belive this lol i have my shitty usb speakers on my case and i just know jumped to my pc once it started whistling and it was the goddamn speakers they are worn out omg i feel like a rock has fallen from my chest right now my god!!!!!!!!! i was wondering why i didn't feel a signle change in performance from it

TRENDING THREADS