Whats better? My AMD build or my Intel

lillz

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey guys, I'm designing a pc to build. This would be my first pc. I want to build a computer thats really good for gaming, very fast, and ~1300$

I have this AMD build

and this Intel

I'm personally thinking the AMD is better. It's cheaper and the CPU has more power....

But what about the video card? Is there a better one thats around the same price or just a tad bit more? What do you guys think?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Guessing you would be thinking of OCing so not sure why you'd begin to compare a non-K Intel vs the 8350 - if it was the K model then it's hands down Intel - also you have GPUs that differ by about $100 over on the Intel side....so with the skewed selections then Yes the AMD would be a stronger system

lillz

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

For comparison sake, say its the same GPU on the intel side (I forgot to update that list). Since the K model is only like $10 more, is there a specific reason why an OC'd Intel is better than the AMD?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Put them on an even keel (which AMD hates to see) put the two side by side at 4.7, there's numerous differences: AMD is better at video rendering, Intel takes everything else........If into multi tasking Intel really excels as it can use faster and more DRAM, AMD 8350s for the most part can handle up to 16GB of 1866, beyond that it drops to 1600 or 1333, 3570K handles 32GB of 2133-2400, don't know of any AMD mobos that support PCI-E 3, basically all the last couple gens of Intel mobos do.....some 8350s in general can OC to 4.8-5, same with the 3750K so about even there as far as Ocing....

lillz

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Do you know what these benchmarks are based on, then? On these, at least, AMD kills Intel. I've heard people argue for both sides, so I'm still not sure what to think.

Edit: [strike]I'm not buying these components till September, at which point Haswell CPUs should be out[/strike]

For some reason I didn't realize the majority of them are released.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
What benchmarks? I have yet to see any where both are OCed to an even keel where the 8350 comes close.....there's plenty of the AMD at their inflated stock of 4 GHz vs Intel and it's stock 3.4, and even the 8350 OCed vs the Intel at stock...but few with both OCed...when I picked up an 8350 I ran then side by side and it was ridiculous.....my older 2500K was right even with the 8350 with both OCed (except in the rendering) and it's 2 generations old....I've had clients ask about going to the 8350 for rendering work on home systems, but in the business environment, they all elect to spend the extra $100 and go with the 3770K or 4770K with have hyper-threading, but are also 4 cores, because those CPUs kill the 8350 even worse at everything and ALSO at rendering

lillz

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

I linked them on the word 'These' on my last post but heres the link http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Anyways, is the 4570 any better the 3570k? I know its supposed to be more efficient, but is it more powerful?

lillz

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Anyways, is the 4570 any better the 3570k? I know its supposed to be more efficient, but is it more powerful? Although the only current K model is the 4770k.

viewgamer

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
AMD is better for future games (highl-threaded) intel is better for older games (lightly-threaded) .
So AMD definitely gets my vote.

Here is what the game developers had to say .
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10522-game-developers-choose-amd-over-intel-for-gaming/

TRENDING THREADS