Advice on custom LED disabling switch

jfunk7997

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Hello,
I recently built a desktop in a Corsair Vengeance C70 case. I chose it because for aesthetic and airflow purposes, but didn't realize that the Power and HDD LEDs were so bright. This is a problem at night since it's in my bedroom and I let my computer run updates and automated tasks overnight. I don't want to unplug the LEDs from the motherboard because I want them on when I'm using the computer.
Would it work to just wire the LED cables through some sort of switch so I could just flip a switch and disable the LEDs without turning off the computer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty easily, provided you know how to solder and modify the case to mount the switch. You could also just solder in resistors which would dim the LED's.

Cut the Positive wire of each LED and solder the cut onto the switch. Plug the other end into the motherboard. That way when you flip the switch it breaks the circuit. Because they are LED's and your using the Positive wire, they should retain their individual behaviors.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5823/ele-256/Military_Style_Switch_-_No_LED.html?tl=g44c153s318#blank