Cant get past "Starting Windows"

bart961

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
So here is my machine:

Windows 7 64-Bit
ASUS P5N-D MOBO (Updated to Latest Firmware)
4 X 2GB Centon RAM (Brand New as of Today)
ASUS GT650 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card (Brand New as of Today)
Hitachi HDD 750GB
Intel Quad Core 2.66GHZ
Just replace Liquid Cooling Unit (Processor was hitting 120 C!)

Here is my issue:
I had 2 X 2GB Corsair ram sticks that I suspected to be defective so I replace them
I had a EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB DDR2 that I also suspected to be going bad due to a pre-bios long continuous beep so i replaced it.
I had my liquid cooling unit that I noticed wasnt performing its job correctly and sounded like it had air in it (sealed unit no-refills needed), turns out it wasnt set on the CPU correctly due to a broken retaining clip to the MOBO... so i replaced the whole unit with a better one.

AFTER ALL THAT....!

I finally managed to get everything to work and load into BIOS and managed to configure my settings and such. Now I cant seem to get into Windows!

I try to boot from the HD it freezes at "Starting Windows"

I try to boot to recovery console it freezes at "Starting Windows"

I try to boot to safe mode (all 3 main modes) it freezes at classpnp.sys

I try to boot into recovery console from DVD it freezes at "Starting Windows"

I try to load Windows XP setup disc to a different 250GB HD it freezes at "Please Wait..."

I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT!!

Could it be at bad MOBO? Bad PSU? Bad CPU? everything except for those 3 are new (excluding HD which I tried different ones so it cant be ...?)

Any help would be great

Im $380 into fixing this machine and getting VERY AGGRAVATED! I found another P5N-D on eBay for $50 which I think Im gonna buy but If anyone here knows anything please help!

Thanks for reading and your help!

Bart961

bart961

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Just a follow up, After a few more tests, it turns out the culprit might be a combination of a bad RAM Slot and "Board Flex"

I am finally booting into windows right now with 3/4 ram sticks in (6GB Total) and am still testing.