Building 2500€ pc home.

Zaha

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
So ive been looking at this build for a few days now, and im not an expert on this so i wanted to know
- Are the parts compatible.
- Are some of the parts overkill as i wont be overclocking (i know the cpu and motherboard are mainly made for overclockers).
- Im going to run 2 monitors with this set up, would it be better to get 2 gtx 780's or will i be fine with 1.
- Do i really need the watercooler and does it really (as advertised on corsair page) not need to be refilled or cleaned ever.

Motherboard - Asus MAXIMUS VI EXTREME
CPU - Intel Haswell i7-4770K
GPU - Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
Ram - Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) Dominator Platinum
SSD - Samsung 256GB 840 Pro
Hard Drive - Seagate 2TB Barracuda
Heatsink - Corsair Cooling Hydro H100i Extreme
Power - Corsair 1200W AX1200i
Case - Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl

Havent looked much about disc drives yet, but i know i need/want one aswell.
And i am going to build this pc myself.

- Are the parts compatible.
yes they are

- Are some of the parts overkill as i wont be overclocking (i know the cpu and motherboard are mainly made for overclockers).
lol, you pick all the expensive stuff :) it is really up to you if you dont mind your money

- Im going to run 2 monitors with this set up, would it be better to get 2 gtx 780's or will i be fine with 1.
definitely 1 card

- Do i really need the watercooler and does it really (as advertised on corsair page) not need to be refilled or cleaned ever.
personally i dont like watercooler/hydro cooler.
watercooler needs intensive care but performs very good
hydro cooler in contrary, no maintenance, but noisy and less performance
why not air cooler?

Zaha

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks for the reply, i think i will go with this set up apart from the cooling.

So if i go for a air cooling what would you recommend to buy. I can go up to ~100€ (Finland)
And i would like it if it wasnt some monster cube blocking all the eye candy in the system.