What Might Be Crashing My Computer?

rhodesgamer

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
Hello. I recently put together my new desktop and every time I play a game on it, the computer and screen lock up and I get a really annoying noise that sounds like a buzz that just repeats. I was wondering what I could do to check on all my hardware to see what is causing the problem. I ran a MemTest86 to check my RAM and came back with no errors as well.

Specs:
Intel Pentium CPU G620 @ 2.60 GHz
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6770
Gigabyte H61MA - D3V Mobo
G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB
WD Black 1 TB

I think my PSU is a 550W as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

I only ran memtest86 forr a few passes, but I could do it for 12 hours if that amount of time could root out a problem. Is there anything specific I should be looking for in event viewer, like specific errors or anything? Haven't gotten any bluescreens or error codes, the computer just locks up. I ran OCT and my CPU ran at a consistent 60-62'C the whole test. I had done a GPU test with furmark earlier and it barely went above 70'C, maybe 80'C if I was doing the most intensive of the tests. There was something interesting though. I went ahead and ran the GPU test on OCCT and...

rhodesgamer

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

I only ran memtest86 forr a few passes, but I could do it for 12 hours if that amount of time could root out a problem. Is there anything specific I should be looking for in event viewer, like specific errors or anything? Haven't gotten any bluescreens or error codes, the computer just locks up. I ran OCT and my CPU ran at a consistent 60-62'C the whole test. I had done a GPU test with furmark earlier and it barely went above 70'C, maybe 80'C if I was doing the most intensive of the tests. There was something interesting though. I went ahead and ran the GPU test on OCCT and barely 4 minutes in the whole screen had black and white stripes going down it and when it finally went back to normal my screen and the arrow cursor were torn a little. It looked like my cursor had been blown to bits so I couldnt tell if I was able to click on anything. I think when this happened my GPu was running at 74'C. Any ideas?

Solution