Pls Help on choosing the right parts for my cpu

is asrock z77 extrene6, intel core i5-3300 3.0 , 2 G.Skill RipJaws 8gb 1600 a good build? i only have $500 budget for the motherboard, processor and memory.. i already have geforce gtx550ti, hard disk and others. pls advice.
4 answers Last reply
More about pls choosing parts cpu
  1. is that 2x8gb ram for 16gb total? if so, go with half the ram so 2x4gb for 8gb total and spend the savings on a 3570k.
  2. ethereal essence said:
    is that 2x8gb ram for 16gb total? if so, go with half the ram so 2x4gb for 8gb total and spend the savings on a 3570k.

- thanky you for the quick reply! its a 2x4gb for a total of 8gb ram. is an asrock z77 extreme 6 a good board?
  3. I don't personally know, but i do know that the z77 is a good chipset (but is kind of a waste if you don't have an unlocked processor to go in there, like the 3570k). ASRock is a well respected brand as well.

If you can can try to get a 3570k it would do better but overall the i5 3300 would be ok.
  4. ethereal essence said:
    I don't personally know, but i do know that the z77 is a good chipset (but is kind of a waste if you don't have an unlocked processor to go in there, like the 3570k). ASRock is a well respected brand as well.

If you can can try to get a 3570k it would do better but overall the i5 3300 would be ok.

-k, thank so much for the advice.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Components Build