Rosewill RNX-N180UBE Windows 7 64 bit problem

adodin

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I downloaded the latest driver for Rosewill RNX-N180UBE with the utility program from Rosewill wesite.

The utility works but it can not detect my wireless network.

I tried to manually add via Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center, Manage Wireless networks-> ADD, but I am getting "Unexpected error occured". When I hit the Diagnose button, Windows tells me there might be a problem with the Wireless Connection Adapter driver.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver but it did not help.

fyrye

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
I had a ton of issues with the rosewill wireless adapters.
Here's what worked for me though I am not sure if it will help you.
1) download the Initial release drivers (oldest/original drivers) from the rosewill support page.
2) Uninstall the current drivers,
3) Delete the rosewill program files directory.
4) Reboot.
5) Run CCleaner registry cleaner. Fix all problems (make a back up)
6) Reboot.
7) Install the driver you downloaded using the setup file you downloaded, (DRIVER ONLY OPTION)
8) Power Cycle (shutdown, turn off completely and turn on).
9) Check device manager to ensure the device is starting properly. Repeat steps 2 - 8 if not.
10) Attempt to connect to WiFi router.
11) If it fails Power Cycle (shutdown, turn off completely and turn on) and repeat 8-10 x 2
12) If it fails a third time repeat steps 2 - 11

I had intermittent startup from the adapter, once I got the drivers to start the adapter the wireless radio would randomly be off and on after start up. Tried to toggle using device settings in device manager (not the rosewill software, it always failed) and it would randomly fail.

Very very touchy device, I suggest buying a different product.

adodin

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Fyrye,
thanks a lot for the detailed steps.
I executed your recommendations but was unsuccessful in getting the Rosewill wireless adapter to work.
I keep ending in the same "Unexpected error occured".
Do you have a recommendation for a different product?

adodin

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Actually I found the solution.

I read on some HP board there was some conflict with the Realtek PCI Wireless driver and Zone Alarm Firewall. I though that could apply to the Realtek USB Wireless driver.

I uninstalled Zone Alarm and rebooted.

The connection to the WI-FI network got established immediately.

So Zone Alarm was the culprit.

I installed Comodo Firewall instead and have no issue with it.