Asus z87 Pro - Help troubleshooting issues with computer sleep

crezam

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hi all:
My rig consists of a 4770K with an Asus Z87 pro. In a couple of ocassions I have left the computer running and I have come back after a couple of hours to find the computer went to sleep. In one occassion the computer didnt wake up, I had to remove power, in other ocassions the computer woke up but after a few seconds froze and the mouse/keyboard became unresponsive.

I have 3 theories:
1. Software (Magic Drive) for Samsung 840 Pro was conflicting with OS
2. The bluetooth keyboard is causing conficts
3. The AI suite from Asus is getting in the way of the OS

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Failing to wake from sleep is usually memory (under s3) or driver related. So I'd follow tradesman's advice and even unplug components systematically to work out if any of tem is the cause, first I'd check system stability, though. S3 suspends to DRAM, so any instability when the data is written or read back, will cause failure to resume.

You might want to check event viewer to see if there are any errors in the log around the time you woke the system also.

-Raja

jonnygib

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Have you fixed this issue yet? I have an Asus Z87 Deluxe with the exact same processor and sleep problem. Everytime I leave the computer for a few hours I return to it being asleep. Nothing that I've done setting wise has improved this situation. This is a video server so I need it to stay awake at all times.

Jon