I'm leaning towards Origin PC for my first Gaming Desktop; Any suggestions?

SynisterJeff

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
I am really liking the look of this company and this build I set up on their website. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the company and whether or not this desktop and the quality of the system would be worth the price that they are estimating. I'm thinking this set-up would run just about anything I would want to play, and I don't need the quality of my games running at full. Any comments on the set up would be appreciated though.

Details posted below,

Case: Corsair 650D
Fans: ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans
Motherboard: ASUS Z87A
System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling Systems
Processors: Overclocked Intel Core i5 4670K Quad-Core (4.0GHz-4.4GHz), 8MB Cache
Power Supply: 750 Watt EVGA NEX750B
Graphic Cards: Single 2GB EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost; ORIGIN Overclocked
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz (2x8GB)
Operating System: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 16MB Cache
Optical Drive One: 12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo
Warranty: 1 Year Part Replacement with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB Flash Drive

Price: $1,800

That is a moderate to poor gaming build , and very expensive in all the wrong places

The case is expensive and not that great
the extra fans unneeded
the liquid cooler not needed on a cool running 82 watt cpu .
The GTX 650ti is mid range and more at place in a budget gamer than an $1800 pc
a gamer doesnt need even 2 x4 gig of RAM so thats overkill too
and you should be running win 8 . Better license and better features and you can add a start button is you wish at zero cost

You can build something that games twice as well for 2/3 of that cost if you can use a screw driver

Renox-1361535

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
That's sooo expensive, you can get the best pc ever with that money, like u can max out bf3 if u use the money right, hit up CyberPower

silent_744

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
The following build will destroy the one you've selected in every possible application and is $350 cheaper after rebates. You can lower the cost even further by dropping the cooler to a simply Hyper 212 Evo. Build it yourself, you'll get double the performance for a lot less money. Youtube can show you how to do anything these days. Dozens of great "How To" guides on overclocking and building your own PC that will allow even the least tech savvy person to do so with ease.

If you've got extra cash to blow and want the best, you can upgrade the GTX 770 to a 780 for the best single GPU available. The 770 is fully capable of maxing every game in 1080p however, so unless you're really going all out you won't even need the 780.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gPe4
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gPe4/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gPe4/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($71.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($403.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1434.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-15 03:43 EDT-0400)

silent_744

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008

You can max out BF3 on a simple $800-1,000 build. Cyber Power is also a complete ripoff with awful customer service.

SynisterJeff

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Hey thanks for the input, after this I think I just might put one together myself. I wasn't worried about actually putting one together, just all the troubleshooting I will probably have to do afterwards. I'll keep all this info in mind though

SynisterJeff

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Ya that's about the same figure I got from it, I was thinking if the extra $400 would be worth have everything put together with all the trouble shooting done and the professional overclocking and other tweaks

SynisterJeff

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Wow, thanks for the info and putting together this build to show me, I'm pretty interested in it. Now, will this site notify me if two parts are not compatible if I change some of the specs?

kittenthehut

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hello SynisterJeff,

I hope all is well! I couldn't help but notice that you were leaning into purchasing your first rig from us at ORIGIN PC!
We definitely can understand if you have time and the expertise to build a rig on your own, that's definitely one great option however, here at ORIGIN PC we will be providing you with a lot better benefits than building the system on your own.

ORIGIN PC will be providing you with top quality brand new products in your build, instead of refurbished or OEM components. Your order will be built by a engineer who will ensure that your system is built for high performance and top quality. ORIGIN also will provide to you our award winning support, which is all stateside located in Miami, FL where your system will be built and tested.
Our support team is completely knowledgeable on all of our products along with a multitude of others to ensure that you will be getting the best of the best help at any time of the day or night since our support is available 24/7.

Your system will be 100% tested in our lab to ensure that it is performing to its full potential and to of course ensure its high quality. Once the testing has been completed it again goes through an extensive audit to make sure that once you receive your system it is 110% perfect and all you have to do is plug in and play.

We would definitely love the chance to build your system and to provide you with a quote that will best benefit your needs and budget.
If you'd like you can contact us at sales@originpc.com for better assistance!

apower101

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

* Here at origin pc's we try our best to build a completely unbalanced, overpriced pc for the average consumer. We'd like you to know that we charge far too much money for pc parts that could be had for much less. Therefore, we are the best option for gaming pc's currently available.

Honestly, build your own pc. It's not hard, and is far more satisfying and rewarding. Also, you can have an i7 and a 780 in that build, or an i5 and 780 sli, which will crush this origin pc and anything else within a 20 km radius.