Computer turned off and won't turn back on!!

vkarsan

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Hey guys, so I was just watching a video on youtube when suddenly my computer turns off, in fact everything being supplied by the power through the sockets in my house turns off, so I go to the main switch thing and flip the switch, power returns (wooh!), everything works except my computer. The monitor turns on and off though. I thought that the psu was the problem but I checked that and it works fine, when I look at the motherboard while the plug is on I can see a blinking green light on it (don't know if this mean anything).

To conclude my PC isn't working, my PSU is working and a blinking green light is present on the motherboard, any help will be appreciated thanks!!

bosniankid52

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
What kind of computer or motherboard do you have? Sometimes, a green blinking light, red or yellow can mean a code depending on your creator of the mobo.

vkarsan

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Hey thanks for the reply, its an acer FX58M motherboard which is basically a Gateway fx6800-01e.

bosniankid52

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Things I would try (you may have already done these):

You may have a 12V ATX line (6 wires) that needs to be connected to the mobo in addition to the main power (about 20 wires). Make sure they are both connected - try again.
Remove 1 stick of memory - try again.
Swap the stick you removed with the other stick and try again.
Unplug the power switch wires from the header on the mobo - try again - make sure you write down where each wire goes. Try again.
Swap the power supply with another ATX to see if it is the power supply (PS fail more than mobos due to dust buildup).

vkarsan

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

No clue, my bro did it but I can tell you this, when we popped open the sides of the computer the CPU was hot as hell.

Latest posts