Need laptop screen replacement help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarabeth_0382

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
I have a HP g6-1d62nr laptop that I'm trying to replace the screen. I ordered a screen by the laptop model number and it wouldn't work. Than I ordered one from some numbers off the back of the screen. samsung ltn156at05-ho7. I installed that one and the screen comes on but it is very dim and it shakes bad! What do I need to do to get this fixed? I also read where I need to order a screen by looking at the laptop manual. Which says I need to order 639512-001 screen cause the laptop is a charcoal gray one. Would greatly appreciate any help!!

It looks like that's a LED screen, so you might want to look into a replacement cable if you didn't get a new one with the screen. If it's not the cable, and not - coincidentally - a faulty screen, then it's possible the problem is with the display adapter/chip.

sarabeth_0382

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Yes the picture is perfect. I even plugged the cracked screen back up and it shook some but the screen was back to the normal brightness.

The GPU is fine, also the cable for the screen, if the new screen (ltn156at05-ho7) gives you a bad picture, may be you have a defective one, try to replace it with another one with the same number if you took the number from the back of the old screen.

sarabeth_0382

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

That's what I'm confused about. The back of the screen has ltn156at05, than the next line says 5kcb34910m h07. Than there is another sticker that says LTN156AT05-h01. Than I noticed engraved on the front of the screen on the top says LTN156AT05-001. I don't know which one to use. The first screen I ordered I just went by the laptop model and that one didn't work at all, than I ordered a LTN156AT05-h07 and than one worked but was really dim and shook bad. Could you please tell me which code I should use to order the correct screen?

Okay, thanks. :)

The thing is, a 'replacement' LCD panel can be any number of manufacturers and mixed components. So your screen may have been advertised as "Samsung", but may have parts from other manufacturers, including Samsung.

Even so, either of those screens should have worked, so it's possible something is wrong at the connection or with the cable - ESPECIALLY if:

Since you have three screens, two brand new and one damaged, and none of them work properly and even have similar idiosyncrasies, then the problem is probably not the panel itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.