Looking for advice on first time PC build. (Video Editing/3D Modelling/Audio/Gaming)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1204493
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1204493

Hello,

For the last couple of years I've been using a laptop which has done everything that I needed, but nowadays as I'm using more resource intensive programs, I feel I could do with a more powerful computer.

Having looked online at some of the various options available, I decided that I would like to build my own, as I could probably get more for less, and it would also be a fun project.

This is what I am thinking about getting: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1hcoY

The main programs I’d be running on it are: Blender, Adobe Premiere, FL Studio & a couple of games(e.g. WoW, Minecraft & Skyrim).

I obviously don't want to be spending too much if I don’t need to, but in the long run I would rather spend a little more now and get a good computer that is going to perform well and be reliable for a good few years before I need to think about upgrading anything. I'm also trying to be slightly energy saving in the build, hence the expensive platinum PSU.

I really don't know that much about all the different brands, what’s reliable, what works well together and what I need to be getting, apart from what I've read these last few weeks; so I would really appreciate any and all advice/feedback you have!

Thanks for reading!

Only other thing (it's generally the least important component so no big deal) is I wouldn't buy a Lite-on writer. I've used them before and they screwed up a lot of burns. I know discs are cheap but I still don't like wasting them. I've found Samsung writers to be very reliable and heard good things about ASUS.

D

Deleted member 1204493

Thanks for the advice Sam!

I'm going to have a look now for another monitor and DVD drive. I admit I did overlook them slightly, so it was great that you pointed it out now.

I'll also leave the CPU cooler for now. I can always buy one in the future - if I need it, but I agree with you, I probably won't.

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 1204493

Yes please, that would be fantastic!

I'd be happy to spend around £120/£130 on a monitor, if you had any suggestions. :)

Absolutely - ASUS VS239H-P is an excellent choice if you can get a good deal on one, or grab an Iiyama X2377HDS - £130 at Ebuyer. You get IPS image quality combined with excellent RTC overdrive (and a lot of control over the RTC in the settings) for fast pixel response.

D

Deleted member 1204493

I've just ordered the parts - I went with the Iiyama X2377HDS monitor, it looks really good.

Thank you so much for everything! I really appreciate all the advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.