the windows restart randomly

midomido

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
hi
i have installed a new RAM on my old computer , the motherboard support RAM up to 2 giga the new RAM is 1 giga and i installed my old 512mb RAM after i installed them the windows is restarting randomly so what can i do

sorry about my english

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013

What is the model number of your old computer or let me know the motherboard model number?? What is the specification of the new memory and what is the specs of the old memory?

#. Reset the CMOS
#. Install the new memory alone and see if it boots.
#. If it doesn't boot install then install the old memory and update your BIOS to the latest version.
#. Again, try installing the new memory alone

Let me know how it works out. Good luck!!

midomido

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
the motherboard module is VIA P4M800-8237 the old and new ram are the same module and the same speed 400MHz DDR i reset the CMOS and the windows still show the blue screen saying that it stopped to prevent damage and installed the new memory slot alone and it booted also when i was runing my pc with the 512 mb memory slot it was runing well but when i installed them together the windows show that error

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Try updating the BIOS to the latest version and then install them together. Also try installing a single module in the second slot and see if it boots.

midomido

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
i don't know how to update my BIOS i tried to search for an update for my motherboard but i didn't even found my motherboard in the manufacture website

midomido

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

i think my BIOS is already updated and i installed 256 mb with the 1 gb instead of the 512mb and the PC worked well but i run memtest on the 512 memory slot and there was no errors so what should i do

midomido

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

i've looked in the advanced settings but i didn't find the DRAM voltage

This image from the advanced chipset :
ey0n.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

and this one from the frequencey and voltage menu :
fg57.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]