Dual Monitor Problem in Win 7-64bit

DG Reid

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
I have an Nvidia 8800 GTS in a Win 7, 64 bit configuration. When I boot, only one monitor displays. In the Windows configuration window, both monitors appear, but the non-displaying monitor is grayed out. It can be selected, but the resolution and orientation are disabled. The 'multiple displays' box only allows display on one monitor or cloned. If you select 'Extend' and 'Apply', it reverts back to 'display on monitor 1'. I put in an Nvidia 620 card, but experienced the same results. Suggestions?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I also have a Geforce 8800GTS-640 installed in a Windows 7 system.

You need to go into NVidia Control Panel and enable the secondary monitor under Displays and Set Up Multiple Displays.

-Wolf sends

DG Reid

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, but when I enable both displays in the Nvidia control box, I am presented with both displays showing in one box (cloned). In the Windows display control, I switch this to 'extended', and it resolves to 'display [both displays] on display 1'. Even if I check 'display on display 2', it reverts back to '1'. I have switched out display 2 with a third, but got the same results.
Two days ago, this was working correctly suggesting it is a configuration problem, but I have no idea how to reset it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail even going back a version.