I Get A BSOD But Then It's Fine After A Reboot. Any ideas?

tylrdiablos

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Hi everyone,
about 3 weeks ago I got a random BSOD whilst alt-tabbing out of a game (DOTA2), something I'd done quite a few times before with no issues.

I scouted around and noticed mention of bad nvidia drivers burning out cards. These were the drivers I had installed so I rolled back to 314.22 but still got the BSOD's. (I've JUST updated to the latest WHQL drivers. Have not tried a cold-boot with them yet.)

I purchased new RAM and put that in (along with the old RAM) and ran MemTest for 13 hours... no errors at all. (The new RAM is the exact same make, model number, speeds etc as the old RAM.)

My specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
16 gig of Corsair Vengeance (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
Asus P8Z68-V PRO
NVIDIA Asus GTX 570 graphics card.
850w power supply (Corsair TX850)
Intel i5 2500k @ 3.30ghz.
Crucial M4 SSD.
SAMSUNG HD103SJ x2

I've ran MemTest, Prime95, Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool (on the Windows 7 disc) and FurMark, as well as "chkdsk" and "sfc /scan now". All ran fine.

Device Manager is clear. No problems there.

BlueScreen View(er) is installed, the most common BSOD appears to be "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT".

Possible causes that would like a little guidance on:
Up the RAM voltages? The timings in the BIOS match the specs on the website but is 1.5v enough for 4 sticks?
(An XMP Profile for the RAM was enabled last night. It appears to have made no difference.)
Update the BIOS? The motherboard website has various files and isn't exactly clear on how to do it.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Hopefully I haven't missed any required information. Let me know if I have and I'll update a.s.a.p. (I'll be near to this PC for at least another 5 hours.)

It's a bit of bizarre one I know. (Last night I had the PC for 6 hours straight, running 3DS Max, high-end games and then did some video-rendering... no problems at all... after I'd suffered the obligatory BSOD.)

A .zip of the minidumps can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmlp5lei3y4qihp/Minidump.zip

So, to quickly summarize... booting my PC will cause a BSOD... usually within 10 minutes. After Windows creates the dump and restarts I hit "Start Windows Normally" and the system functions fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you all for your time.